Welcome back to St. Nicholas
Father Isidore Dziadyk, OSBM
Born Orest Dziadyk in Smuts, Saskatchewan on November 6, 1931. He entered the Basilian order at Mundare, Alberta on October 23, 1951. Upon receiving the tonsure and habit, he took the monastic name of Brother Isidore. After completing his novitiate, he made his profession of simple vows on June 14, 1953.
Brother Isidore studied Philosophy and Sacred Theology at the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome. He made his Solemn Perpetual Profession of Monastic Vows on September 30, 1956. Bishop Ivan Buchko ordained him to the holy Priesthood in the Basilian Church of Sts. Sergius & Bacchus in Rome, on the feast of Sts. Peter & Paul, June 29, 1960. He remaned in Rome for one year of further theological studies. In 1961, he returned to Canada where he celebrated his First Solemn Divine Liturgies (primitia).
Father Isidore has fulfilled the following assignments:
Vancouver & Edmonton
- Associate Pastor, St. Basil's Parish, Edmonton (1961-1965)
- Associate Pastor, Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish, Vancouver (1965-1969)
- Associate Pastor of St. Nicholas, (1969-1979; 1982-1990)
- Administrator of Holy Ghost Parish, (1969-1970)
- Administrator of Christ the King Parish, (1970-1971)
- Chaplain of Immaculate Heart of Mary School, (1970-1988)
- Pastor, St. Basil's Parish (St. James), (1979-1982; 1996-2005)
- Pastor, St. Nicholas Parish, (2005-)
- Secretary of the Provincial Council of OSBM in Canada (1976-1990)
- Consultor of the Provincial Council (1976-1982)
- Protoconsultor of the Provincial Council (1982-1990)
- Provincial Superior of Sacred Heart Province of OSBM in Canada (1990-1996)
45 Years of Love
On June 29, 2005, Father Isidore celebrated his 45th anniversary of Priestly Service. St. Nicholas warmly welcomed him back as Associate Pastor on August 1, 2005, and on December 15, he was appointed Parish Priest .
God bless him with health and hapiness as he continues his generous service in the Lord's Vineyard!