Couples seeking to be married at St. Nicholas Church must make an appointment with the Parish Priest at least six months before the proposed date of the wedding. He will discuss arrangements with them in person. Prior to that meeting, no reservations may be taken.
Couples are free to request one of the Basilian Fathers to perform the ceremony; they may also request a guest priest to officiate. In that case, by Church law, the parish Priest must grant delegation to the guest for the marriage to be licit.
We do not rent-out the Church building for non Ukrainian Catholic weddings.
- At least one of them must be Ukrainian Catholic.
- Both parties must be free to marry, both according to Church law and civil law.
- A marriage course is mandatory. The parish priest will arrange for such a course at the time of the couple's first meeting with him.
- If one of the parties is a non-Catholic Christian, a dispensation from the Archbishop is required.
- If one of the parties is non Christian (not validly baptized) then the marriage will be a valid contract but not a Sacrament of the Church. In this case, a dispensation is required from the Archbishop. (The Parish Priest will request such dispensations)
Active parishioners (regular contributors) are requested to make the customary offering of $150 (set by the Archbishop) to the Basilian Fathers.
Non-active parishioners are asked to make an additional $200 contribution to Saint Nicholas Church, for church maintenence.