The Parish Council is a consultative body wich assists the Parish Priest in the administration of the parish. In the years before the Second Vatican Council (1962-1965), such advisory boards were known as "Parish Committees". Since then, the Church has mandated such bodies in Her own law (CCEO 295) in order to foster greater unity and to sharte spiritual and human gifts of the entire parish community.
From the very beginnings of St. Nicholas Church, in 1899, a church committee, headed by Father Damascene Polywka, OSBM, was formed to purchase land and begin constructing the first Ukrainian Church in Winnipeg.
|Council Chair||Gregg Kwasny (on leave)|